Monday, April 24, 2023

Reflection (Road Trip Day 27)

                                                One of my favorite sayings to share

Today was a quiet day to regroup as we prepared to leave Huntsville (Alabama) tomorrow morning. Joe and Kent worked on a couple of home projects. Tammy worked on a gift she is preparing for one of their grandson’s high school graduation this spring. I planned out the next 19 days of our road trip which will take us to Savannah, GA; Charleston, SC; Charleston, SC; Myrtle Beach, SC; Pelion, SC; Greenville, SC; Davidson, NC; New Bern, NC; Washington DC; and Montclair, NJ. Joe will make a side-trip into New York City to see Nathan during part of the trip.

Yesterday’s wedding renewal vows turned out wonderfully. Friends of Kent and Tammy’s came over as witnesses (DeeDee and James). Kent bought flowers for the occasion and Tammy made me a bouquet to hold. The cake was amazing. We finished the cake off at lunch today. The ceremony itself was lovely and I worked at not crying during it. I am feeling grateful Joe was willing to renew our vows.

Our stay in Huntsville was one of joy. Tammy and Kent are gracious hosts offering us opportunities to explore while working with my physical limitations of short walks. We really appreciate their kindness. I may have talked their ears off, and they haven’t complained about it even once. We will come to visit them again and hope they will come see us in Minnesota.

Every year I pick a word that I use for reflection and as a reminder of what I want to work toward each year. I generally pick the word in early December. In 2020 my word was adaptability. I remember rolling this word out to managers at a January 2020 meeting. Who knew it would be essential during the COVID-19 pandemic? The 2021 word was grace, the 2022 word was healing, my 2023 word is transformation. I would like to report that each of our visits with family and friends on this trip have helped me in some way with my own ongoing transformation. It has been an honor to be in folk's space and learn about their life's experiences and how they have coped. I find people in general are resilient and we have been blessed by the positive energy we experience.

It will be difficult to move on tomorrow. I am looking forward to Savannah while simultaneously feeling I want to stay with Bentley, Tammy, and Kent a while longer to soak up more of the healing energy they have provided us for the past six days.




1 comment:

Judging Judges

  I spent my day looking up information on Minnesota Supreme Court, Appellate Court, and District Curt judges that are up for re-election. R...