Monday, May 22, 2023

Off the Beaten Trail - Nova Scotia (Road Trip Day 55)

Our campground for the next three nights is Off the Beaten Path in Rose Bay Nova Scotia. The photo below is from our campsite. The drive across Nova Scotia to Halifax was a beautiful drive with warm weather. A bit of wind - no rain! I should have stopped a hundred times to take photos - it is a beautiful country. However, we were set on spending part of the day in Halifax.

We got into Halifax about 10:30 am and stopped for breakfast at Cheeky Neighbour Diner and enjoyed getting to know our server, a student at Dalhousie University (Law and English Major). She recommended a bookstore to us, Bookmark, as Joe needed a backup plan for books when the battery dies on his iPad as it did over the past 2 days.

Bookmark happened to be within a block of the Citadel in Halifax, so Joe bought a couple of books and wandered over to the Citadel. I stayed in the car with the windows down, reading, and listening to and watching young adults playing games in the park. They entertained me with their techno music (it was their soundtrack). In all, the areas of Halifax we were in were clean and appealing. I shot only one photo in the downtown area (below). 


Photos Joe took while at the Citadel.



Parking in the small downtown lot near the Citadel and Bookmark was free today as it was Victoria Day. I enjoyed watching people go to pay the machine the parking fee and then get excited when they saw it was free today. 

 After a few hours of Joe wandering the citadel and me people watching, we headed to the library. Only the library was closed to celebrate Victoria Day. Fortunately, there was a Starbucks one-half mile away, so we hunkered down long enough to charge up my laptop and discover that my blogs for the past two days did not post with photos and needed cleaning up.

A stop for dinner to take with us and we headed out to Rose Bay. The drive from Halifax to Rose Bay was one of the most beautiful drives I have ever been on. I will try to get pictures in the next two days as we head out to do some exploring. 

I am excited to have 5G service again and to be off the beaten trail.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Judging Judges

  I spent my day looking up information on Minnesota Supreme Court, Appellate Court, and District Curt judges that are up for re-election. R...