Friday, June 16, 2023

Family Time - Day 4 of 17 (Road Trip Day 80)

We chilled this morning. Joe took time to watch YouTube machine shop and welding videos. I caught up on some budget work and read for a bit before we headed out to Fort Wayne, Indiana to visit and eat lunch with my cousins Rose Ann (Rosie) and Cynthia. Cynthia’s husband, Jeff, also joined us.

We had a three-hour visit catching up on family news. Rose Ann and Cynthia are sisters. The daughters of my mother’s sister, Jean. My mother had seven sisters and 2 brothers: Kathryn, Jane, Jean, Betty, Doris, Chuck, Owen, Judy, and Janet. My mom was between Owen and Judy in birth order.  Only Doris, Judy, and Janet are still with us. We visited Janet in South Carolina during this road trip.

Rose Ann and Cynthia both would visit my mom and dad often while I was still at home. My mom would be eighty-four this year and they are only five and six years younger than my mom. I find it interesting that my mom had nieces and nephews starting when she was one year old. I have several cousins older than my Aunts Judy and Janet.

Cynthia has made a point to keep in touch with Joe and I over the years. At seventy-seven she works as a delivery driver and travels all around the country. She has more energy than many twenty-year-olds, I know! In past years we have met up with Cynthia and Jeff for a meal and conversation. Jeff is an electrician and always busy with home improvement projects. He cracks a lot of jokes!

Rosie decided to go back to working part-time and enjoys it. When she is not working she cares for her husband taking him to medical appointments three times a week. She updated me on her two daughter's lives and shared stories about her 15-year-old grandson who is an excellent student and plays in three bands.  

Cousins: Cynthia, Beth (me), Rose Ann (Rosie)

Jeff, Cynthia's husband and funny guy!

Next, we drove to Bryan, Ohio to visit my Aunt Judy. She is turning eighty-two later this year. Judy is Denise’s mom – the Denise we visited in Pittsburgh a week or so ago. One of Judy’s two sons, Dennis, and his wife, Dee dropped over to visit also. More catching up on family news! Our visit lasted about an hour and a half as we wanted to get back to the cottage before dusk to improve our odds of NOT hitting a deer.  

Tomorrow, we are heading to Schoolcraft, Michigan to visit the bridesmaid of my July 12, 1974, wedding to my first husband. The last time I saw her? July 12, 1974.


No comments:

Post a Comment

South Korean Dinner Out

Last night we had our monthly international dinner at Shinhwa Korean Steakhouse. It is an all you can eat grill and hotpot style restaurant....