Thursday, June 22, 2023

Quiet Day (Road Trip day 86)

Quiet day at the cottage today. My brother, Jeff, and Joe did some prep work for a family fish fry to be held this Saturday. We are expecting all the Kenneth & DeAnn Karnes (my parents) offspring and their offspring and 7 great-grandchildren to be here. Megan, my daughter, is the only grandchild unable to make it.

I did paperwork, napped, researched routes home to Minnesota for July 1st. We had considered going north through Mackinaw City and going across northern Wisconsin and then dropping down to Megan’s home in Rockford, Minnesota. After thinking about it some more we decided to simply drive through Chicago and across. We will do the other route on a future trip to or from Ohio.

We went to dinner with my niece, Courtney, and her new beau, Clayton, this evening. We enjoyed meeting Clayton and having the opportunity to get to know a bit about him. He was very gracious in answering my ‘nosy aunt’ questions. Clayton served in the Navy and was deployed multiple times. He now works in a plant that manufactures magnet wire on third shift in Fort Wayne, Indiana.

We went to a restaurant Sweetwater Chop House. I think it has the most beautiful bathrooms:

 


After a terrific time at dinner, Joe and I went to watch Joss’s baseball team play in a tournament game for the championship. The team won with a score of 13-12.

Then we drove home at dusk which is prime time for deer. Tonight, we only saw one deer in the road and two near the road. Home safe again!

I also want to share a few photos I took on yesterday’s adventure. The first if of the awesome chocolate chip pan cookie, my cousin, Mike, made.

 


Then the kid’s pizza’s they created last night for dinner!

 

Joss's Pizza (age 8)

Lisel's Pizza (Age 4)

Tatum's pizza (Age 13)

Adeleigh's pizza (Age 9)


1 comment:

  1. We had a great time both today and last night! Thanks so much for everything! Y’all are the best. - Courtney

    ReplyDelete

Judging Judges

  I spent my day looking up information on Minnesota Supreme Court, Appellate Court, and District Curt judges that are up for re-election. R...