Wednesday, June 28, 2023

WInding Down (Road Trip Day 92)

 We napped the entire day. With the smoke so heavy and the poor air quality - I am beginning to be a bit stir crazy. When I begin to read, I fall asleep. I listened to my daily meditation and fell asleep. I did not realize I was feeling so tired.

Is it 92 days of road trip or my body taking the opportunity to rest? 

Todd came up and went fishing with Jeff on the boat today. It was nice to chat with them for a few minutes before they headed home after a day of fishing.

Another highlight of our day was meeting my nephew Mitch, Megan (Mitch's wife), and Carol (Megan's mom) for dinner at Olivia's Chop House in Jonesville, Michigan. We spent almost three hours talking over dinner! Today I learned that before Carol retired, she taught special needs children in 6th, 7th, and 8th grades. 

Dinner tasted good and the company was even better. 

I do not feel I need entertained; however, I have loved hearing people's stories during a meal. I am wondering how I will transition to meals without the stories. 

Also, I have come to equate a successful day as one in which we arrived home without hitting a deer. I am looking forward to driving without the need to be on high alert.

Mitch and Megan were so sweet telling us they would miss us when we leave. Mitch said they are now used to having us around. That is the best compliment! I am happy we will only be ten hours away and that it will be easier for family to make their way to see us as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ohio Road Trip

Joe and I got on the road at 5:20am this morning and arrived in Defiance, Ohio at 8:15pm (7:15pm Central Time). About ten minutes before we ...