Saturday, July 15, 2023

Non-Productive Day

With the children leaving this morning for their weekend with mom, the house is eerily quiet. The shared custody schedule means Charlotte and Caleb are here Wednesday through Sunday morning at 9:00 am one week and the following week Wednesday through Saturday morning at 9:00 am.

Joe and I drove over to St. Michaels this morning to check the town out. It is about ten miles from here and has a population of around 18,500 people. Joe’s reading glasses broke last night, and we were hoping to have the glasses repaired at a shop in St. Michaels. Unfortunately, the hours posted on the internet and their actual hours are not the same. They are only open on the second and fourth Saturday of each month. We could go to another town about 30 minutes away; however, Joe says he will be fine until Monday when there is a place in Delano.

The air quality is unhealthy today from the smoke from the Canadian fires. I feel for the people who have come to re-pave the driveway today.

Other than doing the laundry and watching cooking shows on Netflix, I have felt very unmotivated to day to do anything else. I still struggle with allowing myself to rest or to read or watch a show. When we were travelling at least we were “doing something.” Intellectually I know it is okay to rest. Getting my brain rewired to accept rest as okay will take time.

We leave next Friday to go to Ohio for the Hudkins family reunion. We are picking up one of my cousins on the way so he can go to the reunion as well.

Now I am going back to my non-productive state of being.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Judging Judges

  I spent my day looking up information on Minnesota Supreme Court, Appellate Court, and District Curt judges that are up for re-election. R...