Friday, November 17, 2023

Happenings in the Household!

November 15.2023

Charlotte’s reading for this week is titled Terrible Nightmare. Jeremy told me she asked to read it to me today. As soon as she sat down with her story she said, “It has your name in it!” Sure enough, the character in the story was Beth.

At twilight, Beth took a nap on the couch and dreamt she was lost in her car on the road. (I assured Charlotte that I have not gotten lost because I use WAZE). We both agreed I liked to take naps so that part of the story seemed real.

Suffice it to say, Beth saw cows on the road she was lost on. The road came to a dead end and Beth had to choose to turn left or right. She made a choice (this sounds like all our lives). The choice she made resulted in the road coming to a dead end. Then Beth woke up! And everything was okay.

I enjoy listening to Charlotte read and today’s story seemed extra special because Charlotte recognized my name when she saw it and liked the nap part. Charlotte’s reading is coming along nicely. She likes to read with inflection now and is self-correcting when she skips or reads a word incorrectly.

As an avid reader, I appreciate witnessing Charlotte’s progress. I forgot second grade could be so fun this second time around!

Caleb played a game of chess with Grandpa and is now playing an educational game on Grandpa Joe’s computer. Both kids have done a turn on the Street Strider. They make it look easy. I am pretty sure that watching them use it does not constitute exercise on my part.

Yesterday it got up to 62 degrees! One would never know it snowed two weeks ago! Today was around 58 degrees. When I came out of my volunteer stint at 1:15 pm, I started sweating on the walk to my car. Admittedly it is an uphill walk so it could have been from exertion and not the temperature. I had to take my lightweight jacket off to be comfortable. Tomorrow is supposed to be in the low sixties.

On Monday, barring any unforeseen complications, Joe is going back to work. He would like to have a home machine shop. While he has plenty of tools, he does not have machines. Joe gets to keep the money he earns for buying machines. He will work Monday through Thursday from 7:00am to 7:00pm. He will be an extrusion machine operator at a manufacturing company about a mile and a half away. He plans to walk to and from work as the weather permits. I am excited for him as he has been a wonderful provider for our family. Now he gets to work toward making his home machine shop dream a reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Judging Judges

  I spent my day looking up information on Minnesota Supreme Court, Appellate Court, and District Curt judges that are up for re-election. R...