Sunday, April 28, 2024

Sunday Wrap-up

We finished unpacking the master bedroom today. Joe assembled sections of Alto’s outdoor cathouse in the family room as It rained off and on all day. We will finish assembling outside, when the rain stops, as it will not fit through the doors fully assembled.

Joe and I took breaks from unpacking throughout the day. He read and napped. I napped in the sunroom with a cozy gas fire. Looking out the window at the gray skies and feeling the warmth of the fireplace put me to sleep quickly.

This afternoon we tackled sorting plastic food containers. Deciding what to keep in our kitchen and what to put in the pantry in the garage took energy! Joe will assemble the pantry in the next couple of days.

All the boxes in the communal areas of the house are emptied. Joe still has personal boxes in the basement where he will have his own space. He has been focusing on shared space boxes. I plan to organize the family room tomorrow and get more artwork hung.

Megan and Jeremy are heading to California on Thursday. Joe and I will take Alto and stay at their house with Pan while they are gone. I think the best part about that is that I can feel guilt-free about not organizing our house.

Despite the afternoon nap, I am sleepy. A shower, a cup of hot tea, read or watch a movie, and bed time by 8:00pm sounds like the perfect plan to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ohio Road Trip

Joe and I got on the road at 5:20am this morning and arrived in Defiance, Ohio at 8:15pm (7:15pm Central Time). About ten minutes before we ...