Tuesday, May 7, 2024

Home Sweet Home

There is no place like home. Megan and Jeremy are back from California, and we returned to our own place this afternoon. We had decided to take the day off from working on the house. I used my “free time” for a nap. Joe read. Though he told me he fell asleep during most of the reading time.

I am glad we were able to dog-sit. One of the reasons we wanted to move to Minesota was so we could be closer if Megan needed anything. It was good to feel needed and we were only fifteen minutes from our own home – it just felt far away. It also reminded me of staying at an Airbnb – you know it is your place for your stay, but you also want to make sure to leave it as nice as you found it. Megan better not rate me a poor guest!

This morning when we went down in the basement at Megan’s to get Alto, she (Alto) refused to come out. Joe left the soft carrier where she could see it and she was having NONE of that. I sat downstairs for 45minutes until she came to me to be petted. I betrayed her and put her in the carrier. Joe brought her up to our house so she would be settled by the time we got home later in the day.

During my nap, this afternoon she came and napped with me. She is either as happy as us to be at home or she missed human contact over the past five days. Since she normally tends to go her own way, so much to explore in our home, I think she may have actually missed me. And there is no dog! She likes Pan. Mostly, she likes Pan to stay away from her.

Our neighborhood is quiet. I love the woodsy feel and that we are on a lane that ends in a cul-de-sac. Our home feels like a sanctuary. Joe was concerned the house would be too big  it feels increasingly like us and feels just the right size for our retirement lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

South Korean Dinner Out

Last night we had our monthly international dinner at Shinhwa Korean Steakhouse. It is an all you can eat grill and hotpot style restaurant....