Saturday, May 11, 2024

Meeting a Neighbor and Joe's Surprise

 Joe and I were headed to ACE Hardware in Albertville to pick up “a surprise.” I had asked him on Friday about a larger transaction than usual from his personal bank account and he told me it was a surprise. Well, since Sunday is Mother’s Day, I figured it must be quite a surprise.

As we were pulling out of the driveway a neighbor stopped to introduce himself. He talked with us for about thirty minutes. His family ( wife and six children) lives in the only ranch style home on our street. They live in the cul-de-sac portion of our lane. He gave Joe enough information that I could go to the internet and discover more about the non-profit regional theater program he and his wife founded and run. Meanwhile he shared with us that they have five boys and one daughter. The daughter is second from the youngest at aged seven or eight. Our neighbor described his youngest child, “He looks about two, but he is six years old. He has Down syndrome.” He is also excited as his oldest son and daughter-in-law are about to have their first child.

The neighbor we met today (let’s call him Tee for now) told us a little about the neighborhood. The people, he said, are nice. The neighborhood is quiet. Listening to Tee talk, I realized we could have an open house and invite our neighbors. A get to know them party. And an opportunity for the neighbors who have never been inside the house, but saw the real estate photos online, to check it out. That is now our plan. Joe asked me about food already. I think I will have Joe make a bunch of his favorite dips.

Megan is taking me to brunch tomorrow morning at The Hog and Hen.

The surprise at ACE? A lawnmower.

Joe mowed our yard for the very first time with our new mower. Then he had to go buy another surprise – a trimmer for the weeds.

I am plumb surprised out!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Judging Judges

  I spent my day looking up information on Minnesota Supreme Court, Appellate Court, and District Curt judges that are up for re-election. R...