Thursday, June 20, 2024

Guests Arriving Today!

Our guests are due any time within the next hour! Everything is ready for their stay of a couple of days. Joe and I prepped meals so that we could focus on visiting.

Dinner tonight is a crockpot lasagna served with garlic bread and a green salad. Tomorrow morning, we will cook a breakfast casserole with ground sausage, eggs, red and green bell peppers, green onions, and cheese. The ingredients are ready to be poured into a glass dish and popped into the oven.

Tomorrow night Megan, Jeremy, and the children will join us for Taco night. We have chicken, carne asada, and ground beef pre-cooked so it will only take a brief time to heat up the meat.

Joe and I as usual probably overstocked the fridge and the pantry. It is not like everything won’t eventually get eaten. Joe even purchased a loaf of white bread. I can’t recall if he has ever purchased white bread. He eats whole grain, I prefer sourdough, and I have a loaf of rye in the freezer because every once in a while I want a corned beef sandwich. I have also found rye makes good toast. Joe said he’d eat the white bread if there is any left.

My oldest brother, Kenny, just texted to see if Jeff, Kathy, Renee, and Jami had arrived. I let him know it would be soon. He asked if I had the marching band for them. Then he reminded me to, “Relax, it’s family, breathe in and out. Enjoy.”  He included the namaste hands and a thumbs up. It would seem he understands me better than I would have guessed. Thank you, Kenny. Your texts were a bright spot in my busy day. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Ohio Road Trip

Joe and I got on the road at 5:20am this morning and arrived in Defiance, Ohio at 8:15pm (7:15pm Central Time). About ten minutes before we ...