Monday, June 3, 2024

Never Again

What have you tried once that you never want to try again?

Going up in a hot air balloon. For several years, my friend Scott, flew hot air balloons. I was his crew. This meant unpacking the balloon’s envelope and helping to get the balloon ready to launch. Once he was airborne my job was to drive his truck and keep visual contact at all times. When he landed, my job was to help Scott pack up the balloon. Then it was off to have breakfast with other balloonists and their crews.

I had the opportunity with my friend, Ginger, to go up for a balloon ride with Scott. The entire time I was petrified I would fall over the side of the basket. When the burner was quiet, I did enjoy the quiet of the sky and the sounds of dogs barking on the ground. It was not enough to make me want to ever go up again.

I still enjoyed the ground crew part of ballooning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Judging Judges

  I spent my day looking up information on Minnesota Supreme Court, Appellate Court, and District Curt judges that are up for re-election. R...