Saturday, July 13, 2024

Heat

We were invited to an evening bonfire party; however, it was cancelled as there is a heat advisory alert. The alert is for the timeframe of 2:00pm today through Sunday at 8:00pm. The alert? Expected heat index of 98.

My California friends are experiencing temperatures of 113 and I am sure are staying indoors as much as possible! We do the same thing here. Stay indoors. Joe and I ventured out around 4:00pm for an early dinner at River Inn. It was even busier than usual and I was surprised how many people opted for outdoor seating.

Not us! The humidity makes my skin sticky.
I love how the humidity helps my skin and hair feel softer. When humidity gets to a certain level though, I begin to feel uncomfortable. Fortunately, our house stays cool with the windows open and ceiling fans running. 

Another thunder storm is expected at around 8 this evening. The roof and overhangs on the house are such that during storms we can leave our bedroom windows and the sunroom windows open and rain does not come in. I love the sound of storms. To be fair we are not talking monsoons! I am talking thunder and rain.

A young friend (under 35) texted me that the shooting at the Trump rally in Pennsylvania reminded her of Season 4 episode 2 of a show called The Boys. She said it was about a staged assassination by the right to boost support for their candidate. She said it would be hard for people who saw the show to not think it was a set-up. I abhor violence and am sorry for the bystander who was killed. It saddens me this happened at all. I am sure we will hear more about the shooter as the story unfolds. For now I am praying for anyone wounded.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Life

 I know I am privileged to live a happy life. I have had to work at it as I have aged and in the process of living encountered obstacles and...