Saturday, August 24, 2024

Egypt 2002; Egyptian Dinner 2024

In July of 2002, Joe, Megan and I moved to Maadi, Egypt to live for one year. Maadi is in the southern part of Cairo, about eight miles from downtown Cairo. Living in Egypt was an adventure for all three of us. Today, I came across photos from a trip we took to Saqqara and Memphis.

Last night we went to Saint Paul to relive a bit of Egypt for our monthly international dinner. Our snacks this month were from Africa and since the food can vary from country to country within the continent we went with Egypt. 

I thought it might be fun to start with a photo of me at Saqqara in 2002.

Letting the camel get to know me.

Now for dinner photos (2024).
Charlotte and Caleb pose in front of the flower covered wall. 
The flowers are silk and they are three dimensional. The name of the restaurant is 
Zait and Za'atar. Zait is Arabic for olive oil. Za'atat is a fragrant spice blend made from
 dried herbs. 
Appetizer of hummus and pita bread.

Appetizer of dolmas (Megan's favorite).

Caleb was going for Egyptian chicken nuggets and fries.

My dinner - Lamb Kabab Paratha.

Tabouleh 

Megan's Gyro 

Jeremey went with Beef Shawarma Plate.

Joe's Kushari.

Caleb and Charlotte had Oreo Milkshakes for dessert.

Caleb's milkshake coated face made us all smile.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflections on Day 632 of My Daily Writing Journey

  When I decided to write everyday after retiring from my business career, I thought I might be okay with trying it for a year to see if I c...