Thursday, August 22, 2024

My Penguin Friend

 

Our grandchildren, Caleb and Charlotte, and I went to see My Penguin Friend movie today. Very poignant and sweet movie inspired by the true story of a penguin who returns to visit the fisherman who saved its life for eight years in a row. Caleb and Charlotte give the film a thumbs up.

Before we went to the movies today the grandkids had to do their daily math and spelling worksheets. Caleb is working with word problems (one of my nemeses) and he sure is sharp. The problems he worked on today were interconnected and so he had to use answers in the problems to calculate other answers. He zipped right through those problems. I was impressed. Charlotte has started multiplication, zoomed through it, and had every answer correct. At one point she stopped to point out to me that 2x2 and 2+2 both equaled 4. She liked that fact. She also told me that 1 times any number is the higher number (except for 0 and 1).

Night three of the 2024 Democratic National Convention inspired and uplifted me. Oprah Winfrey, an independent, spoke and encouraged people to vote for Kamala Harris. My friend Marjorie has written summaries for the first three nights. She is an excellent writer! I have been sharing her summaries on my Facebook page. It dawned on me that two or three of my readers do not use Facebook. If you are interested in her summaries, send me an email at bethcoehlo@aol.com and I will forward the summaries to you.

I am excited to hear tonight’s convention speakers. I expect the energy to be even higher than the other three nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflections on Day 632 of My Daily Writing Journey

  When I decided to write everyday after retiring from my business career, I thought I might be okay with trying it for a year to see if I c...