Tuesday, September 10, 2024

A Day of Good News At Our House

 

I used my normal writing time today to get dinner ready and the house in order to be prepared to watch the Presidential Candidate Debate. Megan and Jeremy dropped by, as the debate started, to bring the latest ultrasound (20 weeks) photo. This meant we got a late start to watching the debate which was fine. I'd rather visit with them than get entangled in politics. Megan had baked and decorated a gender reveal cookie for us. It is a secret though as Shelly (Jeremy's mom) and Hilda (Jeremy’s bonus mom) prefer to find out gender when Baby Bean is born.

I am beyond excited that Taylor Swift has endorsed Harris-Walz. Her long Instagram post included the following: “As a voter, I make sure to watch and read everything I can about their proposed policies and plans for this country. I will be casting my vote for Kamala Harris and Tim Walz in the 2024 Presidential Election. I’m voting for @kamalaharris because she fights for the rights and causes I believe need a warrior to champion them."

Tomorrow morning, we are headed up to Brainerd, Minnesota, to see Shelly and Artie. Shelly and I will work on getting the invitations ready to mail for Megan and Jeremy's baby shower in November. It will be nice to go for the  one-and-a-half-hour drive and to visit with them. We plan on lunch together and Shelly planned a dessert for us after lunch! I am looking forward to the visit.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflections on Day 632 of My Daily Writing Journey

  When I decided to write everyday after retiring from my business career, I thought I might be okay with trying it for a year to see if I c...