Monday, October 14, 2024

Cooler Temperatures and Celebrating Tools

Fall colors in our backyard!

We have had cooler temperatures - in the fifties - today. The first frost is expected tonight. By the end of the week, it is expected for the temperature to be in the seventies. Joe is covering the radishes to protect them from the frost. I turned on the gas fireplace in the sunroom this morning to keep warm. I have also switched from short sleeved shirts to long sleeves. 

I made a Hungarian mushroom soup for dinner this evening. It tasted incredible. There is enough left over for tomorrow night's dinner as well. Chopping two cups of onions and one pound of mushrooms only took minutes with my Pampered Chef Rapid-Prep mandolin. On any given day, my favorite kitchen tool is the one that makes prepping recipes easier! We had a romaine salad with fresh vegetables and oven-baked crostini with our soup. 

Now I am writing and drinking a cup of dark hot chocolate with marshmallows. Much of my day was spent designing a plan for an upcoming Pampered Chef fundraiser for Homeward Bound Golden Retriever Rescue and Sanctuary. The good news is that once the content is created, I can schedule it to post on the actual days of the event (October 22nd through October 27th). Having a plan makes me happy. Engaging in the creative process also makes me happy!

Another "something" I am excited about is a new book that arrived today: Writing Tools - 55 Essential Strategies for Every Writer" by Roy Peter Clark. My writer friend, Marjorie, recommended the book on her blog this week. Check her out at https://marjorieapple.substack.com/.

Meanwhile, Joe spent the day watering the lawn and plants ahead of the expected frost. Late this afternoon he went to the garage to work on setting up his shop. He came in for dinner and helped with the dishes before heading back out to do more shop organizational work. He is happiest when he has the right tool(s) to fix or make items.

Come to think of it, I appreciate the right tools for the job I am doing as well. This idea is from years of hearing Joe talk about how easy it is to do almost anything if you have the right tool(s). 

What is your favorite tool today?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Cooler Temperatures and Celebrating Tools

Fall colors in our backyard! We have had cooler temperatures - in the fifties - today. The first frost is expected tonight. By the end of th...