Friday, February 10, 2023

High Tea

Today I tried something I have wanted to do for a while – high tea. I was accompanied by my friend, Betsy. The tea service at Tea List in Davis was lovely. Betsy’s company was even lovelier. We arrived about 1:20 pm and left around 3:45 pm. We talked and talked and talked some more. I did not notice the passage of time until I had to make a restroom run (okay I walked).

I enjoy conversations with Betsy as she is authentically one of the kindest and most mindful people, I have the pleasure of knowing. Time flew by while we shared stories of our careers, marriages, and lives. I am so glad she was available for a  visit today. I appreciate her insights and learned lessons of the many curve balls life has thrown her way. While a less resilient person might choose anger and bitterness, Betsy has chosen self reflection and the hard work of working toward the changes she wants in her life. 

And maybe all conversations and shared stories are made even better over high tea? I just know today was a blessing in my life. Thank you, Betsy!

The high tea was a nice blend of small tea sandwiches, fresh fruit, and gourmet French desserts. I tried vanilla and cinnamon tea and a second tea of green tea with strawberry. I would do this again! Maybe on our trip around the country I’ll try to find a tea house or two to see how they may differ from state to state. Is Texas high tea the same as California high tea? Now that I think of it is high tea in England different in from one  region to another region? I’ll have to Google that question.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Ohio Road Trip

Joe and I got on the road at 5:20am this morning and arrived in Defiance, Ohio at 8:15pm (7:15pm Central Time). About ten minutes before we ...