Sunday, March 12, 2023

Forever Friendship

Forever Friendship

(anonymous) 

Sometimes in life,
you find a special friend;
Someone who changes your life
just by being part of it.
Someone who makes you laugh
until you can't stop;
Someone who makes you believe
that there really is good in the world.
Someone who convinces you
that there really is an unlocked door
just waiting for you to open it.

This is forever friendship.

Last night we took a well-deserved break and went to our dear, dear friends’ (Jim & Ginger Burden) home for pizza and ice cream. Three of their daughters were also in attendance and it was a pleasure to chat with them. The oldest child I have known since she was four years old - forty-four years! Ginger is a forever friend.

Ginger and Jim moved out of Woodland for three years in the mid-1980s. While they lived in Conyers, Georgia, Ginger wrote to me weekly. I have saved every letter and have reread them multiple times over the years. Those letters are packed for our move. There is no way I could ever toss those letters. They were long letters – usually 8-10 pages on both sides of 8 1/2x11 ruled paper. She has said she will write to me in Minnesota. This makes my heart happy. She writes the way she speaks which is to the point and very funny. Once we started to write a novel and we got sidetracked by life. Maybe it’s something we should re-visit.

Tonight, Ginger and I  tried the call feature on Messenger. It works! I could see her face and talk and yes it was absolutely lovely (her face and the conversation). 

I am grateful for The Burden family. They have been steadfast and kind friends. 



4 comments:

  1. Susan Johnston - My mother wrote those kind of letters to her friends and family from our new home in Alaska. Everyone kept them and when she passed, they all sent them to me. I eventually I typed them all into a book which our family treasures. Never toss them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan - What a lovely gift for your family. I agree about never tossing the letters.

      Delete

Judging Judges

  I spent my day looking up information on Minnesota Supreme Court, Appellate Court, and District Curt judges that are up for re-election. R...