Thursday, March 23, 2023

Rabbit Hole (How a Trip to the Mattress Recycling Center Got Me Thinking)

 

We took our queen-sized mattress and box springs to a recycle place today. And Joe made a run to the landfill with dead electronics. On the drive to the mattress recycle, with the box springs tied to the roof of the car, along with the foam mattress keeping the trunk door from fully closing, I thought of the Clampetts. I loved The Beverly Hillbillies.

I loved that they stayed true to their core values in spite of their sudden found wealth. Back in the day I identified with Elly May, (Donna Douglas). Today, I identify more with Granny (Irene Ryan). It wasn’t until I looked up the show on IMDb today that I discovered Granny had a proper name – Daisy Moses.

Coming from a small town of 400 people in Ohio, I sometimes felt as awed by other people and cities as the Clampetts felt by Beverly Hills. Just like they kept some of their country ways, I kept my small town mid-western ways.

I think I’m going to see if I can find the series online and watch it.

The nice part about retirement for me is that I can go off on tangents when one thought leads to another!

We have packed up everything for the movers except for last minute things on Sunday night. I spent a good part of my day working on trip plans and doing loads of laundry (blankets, sheets, towels) so we could pack more stuff.  Got our trip plans outlined up to April 28th when we plan to be in In Pelion, South Carolina.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Judging Judges

  I spent my day looking up information on Minnesota Supreme Court, Appellate Court, and District Curt judges that are up for re-election. R...