Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Dancing Through the Day (Mesa, Arizona)

It was cold today! Well not as cold as the Grand Canyon. With the wind blowing – I needed a light jacket.

During my morning coffee time on the patio, I was able to capture a photo of the blue heron checking out the neighborhood.

I spent several hours on the phone today connecting with family members to visit during the last week of April and the first few days of May. We did some laundry (even on trips there is laundry to do).

Around 11:30am Judy Boyle came to pick us up for ballroom dancing at the Red Mountain Multigenerational Center from 1:00 pm to 3:00pm. Joe had a great time remembering the ballroom dancing skills he learned in his twenties (the 1970’s). I was sidelined with a pulled muscle in my thigh and a ‘lack of skill.’ Joe has said we will take dancing classes when we get to Minnesota. I am looking forward to it.

The music consisted of a keyboardist and a vocalist. The female vocalist’s voice transported me back in time to my own youth and to the times we did a bit of dancing in gym classes. I enjoyed watching everyone else dance and visiting with the people gathered at our table. Linda Baker, Covert Bailey, Judy and Chuck Barnes, Marla, and Josie (I did not get their last names). Joe got in a dance with everyone except Linda.

I took photos of Joe dancing!

 Marla and Joe

Joe with Judy Barnes

 Joe with Judy Boyle

 Joe with Josie

After dancing a group of us went to Nando’s Mexican CafĂ© for margaritas (beer for Joe) and nachos. Our happy hour lasted until about 5:15 pm and then we headed home to spend quality time with Dave and Elizabeth.

Whew! I’m tired this evening. Who knew watching other people dance would tire me out?

2 comments:

  1. I love that you are touching lives all along the way. What a blessing to you, and the people who get to experience the joy of Beth and Joe!

    ReplyDelete

South Korean Dinner Out

Last night we had our monthly international dinner at Shinhwa Korean Steakhouse. It is an all you can eat grill and hotpot style restaurant....