Thursday, May 4, 2023

Flanners Beach Campground, New Bern, North Carolina (Road Trip Day 37)

We said our goodbyes to RD and MD this morning and got on the road to New Bern, North Carolina by 10:00 am. A quick stop at the post office to drop off postcards for our grandchildren, Caleb & Charlotte, and we were on the road except for quick bathroom breaks and driver changes. We arrived at our campsite at Flanners Beach Campground at 3:30pm.

I was able to connect with my friend Jean and plan to meet up with her tomorrow at around 10:30am.

Joe and I put our new tent up for the first time. I am afraid I was more of a hindrance than help. He is still talking to me though and the tent is up. The tent has plenty of room. The air mattress we have been sleeping on looks tiny inside of the tent. We will see how I do getting up and down off the ground. I think it will be a wash with the climbing in and out of the back of the Subaru Outback.

New Tent (if you look closely you can see the air mattress)
Our campsite (looking out the tent doorway which is facing the back of our site)

The campground is extremely quiet and after all the traffic today it is nice to sit in nature and breathe. One downside is the bathroom is about 400 steps from our site (it is the opposite end of the loop). I am not complaining about the walk so much as I am that sometimes I don’t get 400 steps of notice!! Joe said next time he will drive me to the restroom. When I booked the site, it showed a bathroom next to us. There is a bathroom – they have padlocks on the doors. If this is my biggest concern of the day, I am doing fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Perfect Birthday

Turning sixty-eight years old is no big deal. I woke up this morning feeling better than I felt before I retired at sixty-six years old. Ret...