Friday, June 30, 2023

End of Road Trip Eve (Road Trip Day 94)

Today was our last full day in Michigan. Joe and I went to town early this morning and had breakfast at Bob Evans and did a bit of grocery shopping at Meijer’s. The rest of the day has been catching up with my friend Jen via FaceTime, recordkeeping, naps, visiting with my brother Jeff, and just chilling before we start our drive tomorrow to Minnesota. 

We plan to pack up the car tonight and leave first thing tomorrow morning when we wake up. Our goal is to be into Megan's in Rockford tomorrow evening by around 6:00pm at the latest. I anticipate 10 to 12 hours on the road with stops. 

Tonight, my other two brothers, Kenny and Todd, and Jeff's wife, Kathy, are coming up to the cottage to spend the evening with us. 

I have enjoyed all the visiting we have done over the past ninety-four days. Now, we are looking forward to getting settled in Minnesota. 

We are about to embark on another new chapter. Not sure what that is going to look like. I know that I have always had a plan, even if the plan was to get up and go to work the next day! Getting settled into our temporary home with Megan and Jeremy appears to be a short-term plan.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ohio Road Trip

Joe and I got on the road at 5:20am this morning and arrived in Defiance, Ohio at 8:15pm (7:15pm Central Time). About ten minutes before we ...