Thursday, July 6, 2023

Getting Settled in Minnesota

Joe put together a futon for our open living room today. We will be able to provide a place to sleep for guests when they come to see us. Between our camping air mattress and Megan’s Queen size air mattress we can comfortably sleep at least five adults now. Can’t say there would be much privacy though!

Here is a preview of our unfinished living room area.

We still have plants to buy. The lego table belongs to the grandkids and had been kept in the basement - we decided to incorporate it into our living room space so they can 'hang out' with us when they like,

This little alcove is an extension of the living room area. The dog bed is for Rufio - Pan and the kids lay in it more!

Our space is one large area plus a bedroom and bathroom. I posted a photo of the bathroom a couple of days ago. The bedroom has served as a guest room in the past, so it was already set up; however, we added our dressers and are still at work organizing the room.

Joe goes out every morning before it gets too hot and does yard work. It makes him happy to putter for a few hours.

Tomorrow we are planning to take the grandkids to the park for a little bit and then out for lunch.

To the anonymous person’s comment on yesterday’s blog about learning to keep their mouth shut in a multigenerational home. Thank you so much. I thought it was just me. All I can do is remind myself that it is a new learning experience and learning is always a good thing at my age.

A shout-out to my friends Ginger and Jim – they are celebrating their 49th wedding anniversary today! I have known them since 1979 (so for forty-five of those years). As individuals and as a couple they have been a huge blessing to their friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Perfect Birthday

Turning sixty-eight years old is no big deal. I woke up this morning feeling better than I felt before I retired at sixty-six years old. Ret...