Thursday, July 13, 2023

Paperwork Blues, Soccer, and More Flat Photos

Over the past couple of days I have been researching the legal requirements for living in Minnesota. Car insurance, medical insurance, banking, Minnesota drivers’ licenses, and car registration have been using chunks of time. We have about 60 days to take care of everything on the car side. First is establishing proof of residency that so many of the institutions require. It is a bit more complicated establishing proof of residency when you are not having utilities put in one’s name to use as proof of residency.

We will of course get it all figured out. One good thing is that effective August 1, 2023, we can get Minnesota drivers licenses without taking an exam. However, to get a Real ID we need to show proof of residency with two documents showing our new address and that is the complex part. The two documents must be along the lines of utility bills, credit card statements, mortgage statements, and so forth.

I did manage to get the car insurance lined up for August. I will not do the car registration itself until we get our drivers’ license in early August.

I am curious how snowbirds handle going to a secondary state for longer than 60 days. I am guessing it is obvious to the snowbirds.

Meanwhile, last night, Caleb and Charlotte played soccer. I was worn out from the candy store visit, so Joe and I opted for a quiet evening at home. I have photos though!

Caleb (Age 9) during soccer game of 7.12.2023

Charlotte (Age 7) warming up for soccer game of 7.12.2023

I am not ready to take photos of our flat because I am not satisfied that I have items in the places I want them. It is just a feeling - I will know when it is right.

I do have photos of the bedroom. Megan furnished and designed the bedroom and then we came along and added our own two dressers that do not match in anyway and we also hung curtains for privacy. I also added one piece of artwork of Lavender fields above the bed. Here are photos of the bedroom from different angles.

The closet doors are sliding glass doors and you can see the window. If we ever have to escape we can climb on the chair to go through the window. There is a ladder up to the backyard! I hope this never happens as I am not in any shape to be climbing in or out of windows...

This is looking from the foot of the bed to the bedroom door. The open door on the right is the door to the bathroom. Straight ahead from the bedroom door would be our 'living room.'

The bed and nightstand are the original pieces of furniture selected by Megan (as is the bedspread and pillows) before we came along with our antique dressers.

This photo was taken as a reflection in the glass sliding closet doors. So it's a bit turned around but you can see the dresser that matches the nightstands and bed frame. Joe's dresser is tucked away in the corner.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Judging Judges

  I spent my day looking up information on Minnesota Supreme Court, Appellate Court, and District Curt judges that are up for re-election. R...