Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Shopping Day & Planning Another Trip

 Our refrigerator was ready for groceries, so Joe and I went to Maple Grove to Costco and Cubs to shop. A stop at Lowe’s for materials Joe needed to repair a door.

It took the better part of the morning to shop, unload the car and put our groceries away. After lunch, I treated myself to one show of Season 2 of The Lincoln Lawyer series on Netflix. After I felt aggravated with the story line, I decided to read a book on Kindle. Whereupon I promptly fell asleep for an hour and a half.

This is what retirement in Minnesota looks like for me on the days the grandkids are at their biological mom’s home. Having had a blended family, Joe and I are accustomed to flexible schedules.

I have been spending time looking at a trip to Bend, Oregon and then on to Woodland, California for a week in September. It would be a 4,059-mile round trip. Having just traveled 12,500 miles on our Road Trip the thought of more travels is not high on my list of ‘fun things to do.’ We are also going to Ohio on July 21st and returning on July 24th which is another 1285-mile round trip.

The Bend trip would be to attend a celebration of the marriage of our friends Debbie and Steve. They were married at the end of May. We enjoyed a visit with them this past March for four days.

Then we are so close to California! We want to see our Woodland/Sacramento friends. It looks like we would get to Woodland the late afternoon or evening of September 18th and leave September 25th. We want to be back in Rockford by September 29th.

Once we firm up plans, I will be reaching out to friends to schedule visits.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ohio Road Trip

Joe and I got on the road at 5:20am this morning and arrived in Defiance, Ohio at 8:15pm (7:15pm Central Time). About ten minutes before we ...