Saturday, August 12, 2023

I Carry You With Me

 

Today’s meme touched me deeply. I suspect, because the rabbit is looking heavenward, that it is directed toward someone who has died. For me, it represents the friends I left behind in Woodland when we moved to Minnesota and all of my friends and family in other parts of the country. I am looking to our trip to Oregan and California in September so I can see more folks face-to-face.

I have discovered over time, that we can go months and sometimes years without talking and as soon as we are together the connection springs to life. It is as if we were never apart.

Joe and I went down to the Rockford River Days festival and had a $5.00 breakfast: 2 pancakes, scrambled eggs, sausage links, and orange juice. It was quite good. The breakfast was sponsored and served by Our Father’s Lutheran Church. I got in some walking in! When we got back to the house, Megan and I did our little cul-de-sac walk again this morning. I am looking forward to building up my stamina.

Pan was on Joe’s ‘bad dog’ list at lunch time. Joe had made an apple butter and peanut butter sandwich and left it on the table for a moment. When he came back – Pan had grabbed the top of his sandwich – the portion with peanut butter on it and was happily eating it. He left Joe the apple butter portion. Lesson learned by Joe that Pan, who loves bread and loves peanut butter, will take advantage when tempted.

I enjoyed a phone visit with my friend Elizabeth (Arizona) this afternoon. She is in Woodland working this week. I think we talked for at least an hour! We would have talked longer but Joe and I had agreed to cook dinner this evening.

All in all, a productive and relaxing day. I have grown to appreciate the peaceful pace of retirement days! Most of the time I have found that it really does not matter if I do not know what day of the week it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Judging Judges

  I spent my day looking up information on Minnesota Supreme Court, Appellate Court, and District Curt judges that are up for re-election. R...