Sunday, August 13, 2023

Photos of the Rest of Our Flat

I rode into Buffalo (Minnesota) with Megan this morning. She wanted to shop at Target for candy for today’s Rockford River Days Parade. Megan and Charlotte were walking in the parade representing Charlotte’s scout troop. When we got back to Rockford, Megan, Rufio, and I went for our morning cul de sac walk. Third morning in a row! Baby steps.

I watched a movie, read, cleaned/straightened up our flat, and chilled. I tried to get up and move around every hour for four or five minutes to improve my chances for longevity. I sat too many hours in my last job, and it sure didn’t help my health in general. The stand up and move routine is one of the reasons I like to stop every hour to hour and a half during our road trips.

It started raining (light, right now my app reads ‘drizzle’) this afternoon. The forecast says light rain until tomorrow at 2:00 pm. Joe still walked Pan this evening in the drizzle. They both enjoy the walks. Joe has started wearing a dog treat bag on his belt – Pan sure likes this new addition to their walks. He is listening to Joe’s sit and stay commands like a true champion.

I decided to post photos of the rest of our flat. The first photo is at the bottom of the stairway and then entrance to our flat. The refrigerator fits inti a wall cubby area and next to it is an under the stairway storage area. Megan keeps Christmas decorations and other occasional use items in this area. She hung the curtain. My printer is sitting on top of our Michael’s Oak cabinet (Joe worked for a company called Michael’s in Sacramento for a while in the late 1990’s. When he left the company, they gifted him one of their products – this cabinet. We love this piece. The other small table has Joe’s microscope on it. I had a decorative bowl sitting on this table originally; however, Joe wanted a place to keep the microscope, so Charlotte and Caleb have easy access to it. The white door is to a large utility room where all our boxes are stored along with a water softener, the heating/air-conditioning units, and hook ups for a washer and dryer (we use Megan’s upstairs next to the kitchen).

The next photo is of our little kitchen area. Basically, our microwave and coffeepot! We don’t need more as we have full access to Megan’s kitchen at the top of the stairs. The third photo is my Bovey wall! We have three of Susan’s photos (printed and framed by Blue Wing Gallery in Woodland). Note the brick is an original Joseph Bellacera piece he did for an Art in Education fundraiser in 2014.



The final photo is the antique small cabinet against the ‘sun’ wall I shared right after we moved in. I had redone the decorative pieces on it. You can now see the Paul Bellacera Bumble Bee painting. The small bowl is one I painted at a ceramics event while I was still working at Hygieia.

The art in our flat is a small portion of the artwork we own. Seventy-five percent of the work is by Yolo County artists. It will be fun to check out the local art scene and add to our collection. NOT UNTIL WE BUY A HOUSE THOUGH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Judging Judges

  I spent my day looking up information on Minnesota Supreme Court, Appellate Court, and District Curt judges that are up for re-election. R...