Thursday, September 7, 2023

Back to School (For the Grandchildren NOT for Me)

Today was Caleb and Charlotte's first day of school. Charlotte's favorite parts of the day in second grade were PE, Music, and Library. She told me they did not all happen at once, though. Caleb's favorite part of the day was recess, specifically Gaga Ball. Caleb is on a block schedule in fourth grade. To prepare the kids for fifth grade, which is the start of middle school, they begin to change classes and have different teachers for different subjects in the fourth grade. An entire school year to practice!

They were sent home on the wrong bus. I don't think I am clear on the whole story. They ride one bus when they are at mom's house and a different bus when they come to their dad and Megan's home. When they realized they were on the wrong bus, the bus driver dropped them at their mom's because she knows their mom. Caleb called his dad immediately and Jeremy went to pick them up. Tomorrow, they will get it right. I understand there were bus route changes that contributed to the mix-up. All is well that ends well.

In kindergarten, Charlotte was put on the wrong bus. That was scary for her. The bus driver had dropped Charlotte at her moms house.  Meanwhile, Megan and Jeremy were frantically trying to find her while the bus driver on the correct route called all of the other bus drivers trying to locate Charlotte. I guess it didn’t faze Charlotte as much this year because her brother was with her. 

In exchange for the last of the Bunny Tracks frozen dessert (ice cream with the cream), I got to grill them on their first day. Bribing my grandkids is so much fun! They shared that being on the wrong bus meant they got to sit and visit with friends. I am happy they can find a silver lining!

My Covid test was negative. I woke up with congestion and an achy body. I know stuff has been going around and before we take off on our trip next Monday morning, I wanted to be sure I did not have Covid. The gift that keeps on giving. So far Joe and I have never tested positive. Scientist friends have informed me that it is possible we had Covid without any symptoms. I like to believe we have just been fortunate so far because we followed recommended procedures and we vaccinated as recommended.

I was still able to get my steps in today. I just did them in our flat. I set a timer for the time the cul-de-sac walk takes me normally and then walk a path from the living space and into the bedroom. It is a little over one hundred steps per loop. I did more steps in the same amount of time than I did when walking the cul-de-sac. Maybe tomorrow I will feel like being outside! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Ohio Road Trip

Joe and I got on the road at 5:20am this morning and arrived in Defiance, Ohio at 8:15pm (7:15pm Central Time). About ten minutes before we ...