Sunday, September 24, 2023

Last Day in Woodland

Over the past several days I have written my blog on my phone. Writing on an iPhone is more difficult than using my laptop as I don’t have a way to spell and grammar check. Editing is almost impossible as it is not easy to copy and paste on the phone screen. Setting up the laptop has seemed to much work to do and so I was literally writing my blog while in bed.

Tonight, I decided it was time to step up my game and write in the manner I am most comfortable with. Tired or not! This entry should have fewer spelling and grammar errors and should be a bit more coherent.

This morning we met our friends Kacey and Liz in Sacramento at Fox and Goose for breakfast. From there we went to their new home they purchased this past spring. The house is super cute with a skylight and atrium in the living room area and skylights in each of the two bathrooms. Their pets, Fetty (canine), Derry and Stevie (The cats) love having yards to chill in.

We spent the afternoon getting things around for our return home to Minnesota. We leave tomorrow morning!

Joe met up with Lauren for dinner while I went to dinner with Kim and Sarah.

I have two photos to share. The first is of a hummingbird in Ginger’s backyard while we were visiting on Thursday afternoon. The second is a photo Joe took in Babak’s neighborhood in Morgan Hill. Joe came home with this photo and said, “I have a gift for you. I saw this buck and stopped to take a photo for you.”

 



This has been a lovely trip. I am grateful to all the people we visited with for making space in their schedules. I know several people asked us to stop back in again if we had time. We tried as much as we could! With Joe unable to see anyone until Friday afternoon there were people we will have to catch on a future trip.

I suspect we will get back to Minnesota at the end of the week and spend a few days ‘recovering’ from the drive. We enjoy our trips while they are happening, and we enjoy resting when we get home! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ohio Road Trip

Joe and I got on the road at 5:20am this morning and arrived in Defiance, Ohio at 8:15pm (7:15pm Central Time). About ten minutes before we ...