Saturday, October 14, 2023

A Night Out!

This evening we ventured out to Cabela’s for Joe to buy some winter boots. We then decided to treat ourselves to dinner out as the rest of the family was going to the pumpkin patch this evening. Megan sent photos of the fun they were having – rain and all!

Jeremy, Charlotte, Caleb and Megan celebrating their third year at the pumpkin patch as a family. This will be their fourth year of trick or treating together on Halloween

Keep in mind Caleb is nine and Charlotte is seven - I am 5'2 1/2 " - they are catching up with me!


What a great spooky picture! Charlotte has her role down!

While they were getting muddy, we ended up at McGarry’s Irish Pub in Maple Plain about fifteen miles southwest of Cabela’s and only about ten miles south of Rockford. We got to see some more of the local countryside. As Joe said, with the trees losing leaves, we are seeing houses tucked away that we did not see during this past summer. In some places whole housing divisions have been out of view until now.

Dinner at McGarry’s was a great treat. We started by sharing jalapeno poppers which were wrapped in bacon. Joe is not a bacon fan so next time we will try something else, and I’ll wait for one of my bacon loving friends to visit before ordering again. They paired nicely with Joe’s Guiness and my Tequila Mule. Our first drinks since our trip to Oregon and California last month.

Our main courses were Short Rib Stroganoff (me) and a Reuben for Joe. We finished with Guinness Chocolate cake. I am looking forward to going back again to try some of their other dishes. The Stroganoff was served on pappardelle pasta – house made. I ate only half of my dinner so I could have room for the cake. The other half will be tomorrow’s lunch (or maybe breakfast).

Tomorrow we are planning a quiet day as we have a full week of appointments starting Monday morning.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Judging Judges

  I spent my day looking up information on Minnesota Supreme Court, Appellate Court, and District Curt judges that are up for re-election. R...