Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Adulting - Again...


Today I spent time talking to a company that repairs exteriors and roofs to get an inspection on Megan’s roof. To the best of our knowledge the roof is fine. The underwriters on Megan’s home insurance reached out through the agent to get a receipt for her 2023 roof replacement – except we never advised that the roof was replaced. It seems the broker reported the house as having a new roof. It doesn’t.

We have had two hailstorms since July, so the insurance company wants to have us inspect the roof for damage. The upside is that I talked to a pleasant person at the exterior company and got the scoop on roofing in Minnesota. That information will help us when we buy a home here.

I realized if I really wanted to work part-time, I could offer my services as a personal assistant to people with a need. Today, Megan had a need because her frustration level was super high over the agent’s error in reporting the roof as brand new. The agent wrote an email assigning blame to Megan and me when neither of us lied and told her we had a brand-new roof on the home. In talking to another insurance agent, I work with, he explained that the program used for quotes automatically sets the roof date to the current year and it must be manually changed.  So, we didn’t insert the data for the         quote – the agent did.

It will all work out as it is meant to work out. I know people make mistakes.

I have my own frustration points and could use some coaching/assistance as well. I know the chiropractor is pleased with my progress so far. However, I paid the price for walking a mile, as advised, and today my leg was achy, and I felt like someone had beat me. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Today I took it easy, keeping up on the stretches, the moist heat, and using my new massage cane for the trigger point on my left hip area. I am learning useful information about therapy for my hip flexor. I am also TIRED of it and want to be 100% healed and able to do anything I want when I want. That sounds unreasonable even to me.

I am looking forward to a virtual chat with my niece, Renee, this evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ohio Road Trip

Joe and I got on the road at 5:20am this morning and arrived in Defiance, Ohio at 8:15pm (7:15pm Central Time). About ten minutes before we ...