Monday, October 23, 2023

Life is Like a Helicopter

This life is like a helicopter meme popped up on my Facebook feed today. It made me laugh out loud and then think seriously about how life itself does not come with a manual.

Oh, some people try to tell us how to make life easier. Some people may try to make us toe their imaginary lines of how life should be led. There are institutions and religion that try to offer their belief on how to operate our lives.

The upshot for me is this: We all figure out what works for us and that’s the part of the journey that can be interesting.

And that is a simplistic statement. The truth is that some people are not equipped to figure anything out.

That’s where grace comes in. And foregoing judgement about others.

Which is harder, at times, than I want it to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Judging Judges

  I spent my day looking up information on Minnesota Supreme Court, Appellate Court, and District Curt judges that are up for re-election. R...