Monday, October 23, 2023

Woodland, Minnesota

There is a town called Woodland in Minnesota. It is about twelve miles from Rockford. The population is 500 and it is primarily lakefront property. Just for fun, I googled homes for sale in Woodland, Minnesota.

One house came up for sale. It has been on the market for 284 days. The 2.89-acre property includes a boat house, its own pier, and a 9,016 square foot home. Priced at $14,750,000 with annual taxes of $81,160.00, the house seems a bit out of our reach. That is, of course, if ‘bit’ is defined as $14,300,000.

For fun here is a photo of the property:


 Joe’s response included the following:

“You would need two full-time housekeepers to keep up with the cleaning.”

“If I had $14,750,000, I would buy a $450,000 house and use the other $14,300,000 to build my dream machine shop.”

I replied with comments like:

“My brothers would like this place!”

“It has 3 full bathrooms and 4 partial baths!”

“It already has a security system, and the HOA fees are only $250/year and covers security patrols.”

We have already been talking about buying at least a 4-bedroom house so we can have two guest rooms. Those rooms can be used when the grandkids visit and when family and friends come to stay. My thought is when Ginger and Kim fly out to visit, they can each have their own rooms. Or when my brothers come to go fishing, they don’t have to triple up! Jeff, Kathy, Renee, and Jami are coming out to visit sometime next spring/summer and we should have plenty of space (if the timing of our house purchase is right – if we are still at Megan’s my brother and Kathy are sleeping on the sofa’s upstairs at Megan’s. Renee and Jami can sleep downstairs on our futon).

The house in Woodland (MN) has five bedrooms…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Judging Judges

  I spent my day looking up information on Minnesota Supreme Court, Appellate Court, and District Curt judges that are up for re-election. R...