Thursday, November 16, 2023

A Head Start on Christmas Lights

Driving home this evening we got to experience the joy of Christmas. Rockford has decorated the main thoroughfares with stars (Highway 55) and huge red bows with garlands (on Highway 20/Main Street).

We drove into Buffalo this afternoon to pick up Joe’s new glasses and do a bit of grocery shopping. We got back into town after dark and I caught a photo of the lighted stars as we waited to turn on to Main Street.


I discovered the Rockford Area Historical Society webpage today. I’ll share some of what I learn in the days ahead. I was interested because we pass the Ames-Florida-Stork historic house several times a week. One good thing about my nosy nature is that I am always learning something new!

Ames-Florida-Stork house circa 1860

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ohio Road Trip

Joe and I got on the road at 5:20am this morning and arrived in Defiance, Ohio at 8:15pm (7:15pm Central Time). About ten minutes before we ...