Monday, December 18, 2023

A Dash of Snow and Naps

A bit of light-hearted fun today:

We woke up to a bit of winter wonderland this morning. The car roof, windows, and hood were covered with light snow. The flakes were easily brushed off the windshield and blew off the rest of the car as we drove into Rockford. The roads in our neighborhood also had fresh snow. Jeremy left for work before us, as had several neighbors, so there were tire tracks to follow.

The snow early in the morning is very pretty with the contrast between the darkness of the sky and the white snow. By 9:15 am the snow had melted away.

I came home from volunteering at the thrift store today and ended up taking a nap. It dawned on me today that my body and brain require this nap and I need to let it be. During the working years, nap time was not available, and I powered through my workdays. Now that I have time available, I feel like I am honoring my body’s needs. This includes my brain’s needs. Granted my brain was possibly (?) working more while I held a job. It does take a certain amount of brain energy to read, write, hold conversations, take in the news, and watch movies/shows.

Meanwhile, Joe is working twelve-hour days in a factory. By choice. I have been asked if I would take a paying job again and my choice at this point is still no! I am happy right where I am at in creating what my day will look like. My biggest commitment is writing the blog each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Judging Judges

  I spent my day looking up information on Minnesota Supreme Court, Appellate Court, and District Curt judges that are up for re-election. R...