Saturday, December 30, 2023

Happy Retirement Anniversary

Today marks the one-year anniversary of my retirement. I love retirement.

Joe and I spent the afternoon making Caribbean Vacation Chicken Soup from The Whole Body Reset book. We cut up loads of vegetables! We started at 1:30 and the soup was ready to eat at 4:30 pm. It is the first time we have used plantains in cooking. Doubling the recipe gives us six meals of one and one-half cups of soup each. It passed the taste test! Healthy and tasty meals are important to me.

Other than grocery shopping for the soup ingredients, I have spent the day reading the book mentioned above and finished a Kristan Higgins book Out of the Clear Blue Sky.

Megan and Jeremy are off visiting family today. They left the house around 8:00am and will be back later this evening.

As 2023 ends, I am recommitting myself to staying healthy in 2024 (and beyond) which explains why I have started reading The Whole Body Reset – it is recommended by AARP for people over fifty years old. I am NOT On a diet. Simply going to follow their guidelines for eating and exercise to see how that goes. I am starting immediately.

It is late in the day, but all the vegetable chopping wore me out, so I am off to take a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ohio Road Trip

Joe and I got on the road at 5:20am this morning and arrived in Defiance, Ohio at 8:15pm (7:15pm Central Time). About ten minutes before we ...