Sunday, December 31, 2023

Happy New Year!

Ending 2023 with snow on the ground. It snowed overnight. Not a lot but enough to cover the roads and yards. We learned about snow brushes today. Joe thought his glove was doing a respectable job when Megan introduced him to a snowbrush. We went into Buffalo this afternoon to Cub for a couple of groceries and stopped at Menards for a snowbrush. Seems there are a range of styles. We bought one with the capability to extend the handle and the brush head swivels. Oh, and the other end of the handle has an ice scraper. I was excited by this purchase!

Joe and I have no plans for New Years Eve. This is normal for us. We will be in bed and asleep by 9:00 pm. If I get up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, I will remember to wish Joe a happy New Year. That is all I got.

In reading The Whole Body Reset, I am happy to discover that there is hope for me to get rid of some fat for good. I have tried everything over the years, and it always ends up as a yo-yo effect. As a result, I had sworn off anymore diet programs and have been focusing on making healthy choices more frequently than not. The premise behind this program is that it is protein timing along with fiber and exercise. SO instead of a shotgun approach, this change in my consumption will be timing. Twenty-five to thirty grams of protein for breakfast, lunch, and dinner with a morning snack of 10-15 grams of protein. This is not a keto diet. It is not fasting. My weight at the end of 2023 is the same as at the end of 2022 which means all my clothing still fits. Let us see what 2024 brings me.

The good news is that I was more physically active in 2023 than in 2022. I will continue to increase my activity in 2024. Baby steps! The Whole Body Reset focuses on resistance activities. Yoga, Armchair Yoga at first, here I come! I think adding that to my walking is entirely doable. Now it is not time that holds me back – it is lack of motivation. Yet, I know from experience that I am happier when I am moving my body.

Happy New Year!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ohio Road Trip

Joe and I got on the road at 5:20am this morning and arrived in Defiance, Ohio at 8:15pm (7:15pm Central Time). About ten minutes before we ...