Wednesday, December 6, 2023

There's a New Mayor In Town


Tania Garcia-Cadena is the mayor of Woodland as of December 5, 2023. She is an amazing leader and I know good things will continue to happen for Woodland under her stewardship.

Tania and I met through Soroptimist of Woodland years ago. She was club president my first year. Later I discovered she had been president multiple times. Through fundraiser opportunities Joe and I met Ray, Tania's husband. Before we knew it, we were attending an annual holiday party that Tania and Ray, Angie (Tania's sister) and Dallas (Angie's husband) took turns hosting each year. I looked forward to those parties every year! 

Yesterday and today, I saw a photo of Tania's swearing in ceremony on Facebook. So, then I wanted to see the City's web page and sure enough there was her formal Mayoral photograph.

 I have known Tania's parents Nancy and Eloy longer than I have known Tania. Eloy used to work with our dear friend Jim Burden and my first husband, Greg, back in the late 1970's. Nancy and I have stayed in touch since our move to Minnesota. 

As if having one celebrity in the Garcia house is not enough, Angie recently appeared on the Today show with Hoda and Jenna. In a snowball toss competition, Angie had thirty seconds to get all the balls in buckets. With her family cheering her on, she won a trip for two, all expenses paid including airfare, to Paradisus Los Cabos. Pretty nice 50th birthday gift for Angie!

The link below takes you to Angie's Today appearance.

https://www.today.com/video/today-fan-competes-in-winter-challenges-in-suddenly-santa-199162437650?fbclid=IwAR0PdM0F1OSuD3fXS_Gu1hs4lvndxtjJsWiS1NvXtDSHLYkK5WMXp54pNAE 

Just wanted to brag about these lovely people today!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Life is Better With A ________ (Fill in the Blank)

  This is the   truth at our house. After thirty-one years with Joe (Joseph) Coehlo, I a...