Friday, January 19, 2024

Snippets

Good news today. My change in diet and exercise routines over the last ninety days has helped to lower my cholesterol. It is gratifying to see the number come down a big chunk. In another 2 to 3 months, I anticipate it will be even better. I would rather continue with the lifestyle change than take medicine. Past prescription drug reactions have caused side-effects that limit my ability to function. So, no drugs for me!


We ran errands for most of the day, in the cold (4 degrees). Once we were inside the grocery stores, I took my coat off or else I was sweating. Tonight, I cannot get warm inside the flat.

While we were out, my cousin Tammy called and added my cousin Denise to the call so we could all chat for a bit. Tammy lives in Huntsville, Alabama and told me their driveway is iced up and they are staying in the house. Denise lives near Pittsburgh, and they have also had the cold weather. We got to talk to Denise's son, Michael, for a moment as well. Tammy called with sad news that one of our second cousins is now in hospice care. The family is not posting anything on social media currently. I am keeping them all close in my thoughts. 

We ended our day with cupcakes and ice cream to celebrate Charlotte's birthday. 

 This busy day kicked my butt, I am going to go listen to a podcast and chill (as in relax).




No comments:

Post a Comment

Judging Judges

  I spent my day looking up information on Minnesota Supreme Court, Appellate Court, and District Curt judges that are up for re-election. R...