Saturday, January 27, 2024

That's What Friends Are For...

 


Beth, Ginger, and Kim (The Three Amigas) December 19, 2015

Ugly Christmas Sweater Contest (Beth won)

That’s what friends are for…

As I was listening to my current favorite Podcast (Happy Hour with Ruth & Roxy at https://happyhourrr.com/) this morning, I realized how blessed I have been in the friend department. As I listened to Ruth and Roxy their friendship, a delightful memory was sparked.

From 1979 until around 1984, my friend Ginger and I worked for the same company. I was in customer service, and she was the purchasing agent. At one point we even shared the same office with our desks butted up to each other. We spent a lot of our time outside of work hours together as well.

The memory that came up today was when Ginger and I used to take our lunch break and eat at a local park. We would sit in her car and pretend we were private detectives on a stakeout. We would make up stories about the people at the park or in the nearby homes. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

And the fact that we could spend time together doing something so out of the ordinary is one of the reasons our friendship has endured over the years. Her sense of humor is the BEST of anyone I have ever called friend. She is not one to get up and speak in front of crowds, so her family and friends end up as the beneficiary of her wit.

Everyone totally needs a friend who will turn ‘lunch in a car’ into an espionage adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ohio Road Trip

Joe and I got on the road at 5:20am this morning and arrived in Defiance, Ohio at 8:15pm (7:15pm Central Time). About ten minutes before we ...