Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Spa Morning at Hidden Gem

I decided to treat myself to a facial today at Hidden Gem Skin Spa. The owner of the business, Juli, works from her home out in the countryside. Her passion is horse rescue work; I discovered this upon arriving for my appointment. She has a room off her garage she uses as an in-home spa.

It was a fabulous experience with quality products, Circadia, manufactured in Leesport, Pennsylvania. I am looking forward to using the products daily. I am starting out easy with a cleanser and moisturizer by Circadia and a Green Tea Fresh Toner manufactured in South Korea.

Juli graduated recently from esthetician school. This is her second career. Prior to this she was a Marriage & Family therapist. So now she is helping people heal their skin! She asked me before we started if I wanted to know the steps she was doing or if I preferred to just relax in quiet. I opted for knowing what she was doing and why. Next time we can relax in the quiet.

Juli is currently offering a 15-minute infrared sauna blanket treatment as a complimentary service for first time clients. Gentle music played in the background while I relaxed under the blanket. This treatment can reduce inflammation. Ease pain. Improve circulation, detox the body, burn calories, promote beautiful skin, and help with better sleep. People who are pregnant, a pacemaker, heart condition or epilepsy cannot use the treatment. Oddly enough, while relaxed, I found my mind wandering around and thinking about a number of odd topics. Nothing negative or bad. Just a lazy kind of meandering of the mind. Honest, my head and face uncovered… No infrared heat frying my brain. I will see if I sleep any differently this evening.

Here are before and after photos of my skin. The before is from a few days ago. I am not wearing any makeup in either photo.

 


My morning consisted of walking, yoga, meditation, a drive in the countryside to get to Hidden Gem Skin Spa, the infrared blanket treatment, and a one-hour facial. Happy Tuesday to me.

What are you doing for self-care these days?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ohio Road Trip

Joe and I got on the road at 5:20am this morning and arrived in Defiance, Ohio at 8:15pm (7:15pm Central Time). About ten minutes before we ...