Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Valentine's Day Trifecta

Megan made sugar cookie Valentine’s for the family. I hovered while she decorated asking for broken cookies. There were none. Later this afternoon she brought me the cookie pictured above.

This morning it was 37 degrees out which is nice for a Minnesota winter’s day. I went to the thrift store from 9:30am to 12;15pm, then drove to the post office to return a damaged item I had received in the mail. The weather still consisted of clear skies.

I ate lunch, watched a Happy Hour with Ruth & Roxy podcast, read a blog post by Ruth on the Happy Hour website, and took a nap. I passed by the living room window three times. About 45 minutes ago, Joe walked by the window and said, “It snowed!” (Note: He is home today with very little voice and lots of fatigue – tested for COVID and the result is negative. He is using sick time for today and tomorrow). I took the photos below about 4:45pm. It is a little hard to see falling snow in photos during the daylight hours. Still, it looks beautiful. Snow is quiet so there is a sense of tranquility. It also helps that I am warm and snug in our flat and not outside in it.


Charlotte came down to read to me and we sat on the couch together. She wanted to read the story to herself before reading it to me, “So I can practice.” Which gave me time to sit quietly and watch the snow falling. Charlotte than read me a story entitled Planning to Hike. Three friends decided to go on a long hike and they each helped to plan the part of the hike that they were best at planning. During planning, they realized they had forgotten to plan for a truck as they had a lot of equipment. Lucky for them they had a friend with a truck – her name was Beth. This is our third story with Beth as a character.

From Kindergarten (1961) through my Senior year (1974), there was only one other Beth in school with me and that was in kindergarten through third grade. Now here I am in a second-grade reader. The stories are not the same characters each time or a part of a series with the same characters, so it strikes me as funny that Beth keeps appearing. None of the Beth’s gets to be a grandma though!

A Valentine’s cookie from Megan, snow, and reading with Charlotte. Well, this is a perfect day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Judging Judges

  I spent my day looking up information on Minnesota Supreme Court, Appellate Court, and District Curt judges that are up for re-election. R...