Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Virtual Visit Makes My Day A Happier Day

The best start to my day is a virtual visit with a friend. This morning it was my transplanted New Jersey friend, Jen. They are in the process of getting settled into a new home in Connecticut.

Spending time with Jen helps to keep me sane. While she is a dynamic person, she has a soothing aura. During our chat today she gave me a tour of part of their new home.

I am looking forward to eventually visiting them and experiencing the house and town up close and personal. Built in 1890 the house has been modernized to include a pizza oven (they have not been able to try it to see if it works, yet) and other amenities. As both Jen and Matt are artists it has plenty of space for them to each have a studio. Jen’s is on the third floor of the house, and Matt’s is in a garage/apartment outbuilding on the property.

Seeing Jen and Matt’s new home gets me excited about what kind of house Joe and I will be able to buy in the coming months. We are keeping our eye on a place about 10 minutes from Megan and Jeremy. I am trying to stay as close as possible so we can see the grandkids regularly. Well, and see Megan and Jeremy too!

The place we are interested in is on 1.25 acres of land. Most of it fairly flat with an existing garden area, a fenced yard (good for keeping deer out and the chickens in), and a chicken coop. The three-car garage will provide Joe with a shop. Now that I think about it, we might have to build another fence in the chicken coop area before Megan’s dogs come to visit us. Rufio, of the ‘kill a squirrel’ reputation, would make short work of chickens.

Only time will tell if the property is still available in March or April and if the price drops as our agent believes it will. For now, I am practicing patience!

These days I am finding joy in my morning Yoga practice. After five weeks, my body is feeling the difference in strength and stability.

1 comment:

  1. Ooo! I hope you get that house! It sounds perfect for you two!

    ReplyDelete

My Perfect Birthday

Turning sixty-eight years old is no big deal. I woke up this morning feeling better than I felt before I retired at sixty-six years old. Ret...