Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Crazy Making

I am making myself crazy. We learned today that escrow for the California house closes on Thursday - it was moved up by one day. This is good news.

The crazy part is that I am having difficulty keeping myself distracted from thinking about it. I know that thinking about it does not speed up any part of the process. 

Can one develop Attention Deficit Disorder at the age of almost sixty-eight? Reading, watching a movie, reading the news, NONE of it creates a distraction. I have two spreadsheets - one for the sale of the California house and one for the purchase of the Minnesota house - that are so fine-tuned and linked that a change in one cent on either one is automatically calculated on the other. For some reason, a spreadsheet makes me feel like I have control over the process.

The anxiety around this is silly. The rational me knows this. Have you ever been so fixated on an outcome that you made yourself crazy?


2 comments:

  1. Yes, when the kids were young and things happened I would rearrange the living room furniture so I could deep clean . I couldn't do that by myself now because the furniture is too heavy. It's so much easier to go thrift store window shopping!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nancy - shopping is not a bad idea! I have items I want to purchase for the new house. I do not want to have to move it though so plan to wait until we move in. I COULD create a room by room layout though of how I want the furniture arranged...

      Delete

Judging Judges

  I spent my day looking up information on Minnesota Supreme Court, Appellate Court, and District Curt judges that are up for re-election. R...