Thursday, March 28, 2024

Done Deal!

Yay! Escrow closed on the house in Woodland today.

It is a huge relief to have the transfer of ownership completed. We are grateful for Placer Title's Bev Juarez and our real estate agent, Susan Bovey, for getting everything done for us.

Also, to Kim Bullman for being a model tenant this past year and being flexible during the home selling process. She moved into her new Sacramento home this week.

The Atlantic reads my mind. An article popped up today, "How Not to Be Bored When You have to Wait" written by Athur C. Brooks. The premise is that people get bored standing in line or waiting for an event. Having a cell phone to play/read does not help the "wait." It can, in fact, make it seem even worse. The article has helpful tips on enjoying and staying in the moment, while waiting, to reduce anxious feelings. 

Joe took Caleb and Charlotte sledding this morning. One of the inflatable slides was torn so Joe had them slide on cardboard. He said they enjoyed the cardboard slides as much as they did the inflatables. I am not surprised. How many of us, as parents, enjoyed watching our children play with empty refrigerator boxes? Heck, I remember playing in refrigerator boxes! 

I spent three hours today copying and pasting Weathered Blog entries to a Word document on my laptop. I had not saved each entry after posting to the blog website. It ends up taking more time than I anticipated because I find myself unable to resist reading them. I am up to January 2024. I also am finding spelling or grammar errors so making minor corrections as I go on the website postings. How they got past me the first time is embarrassing. Live and learn.




4 comments:

  1. Love you guys and your continued posts. it was never hilly where we lived. You had a great hill in Ney

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hill in Ney WAS great for sledding. Thank you for the love - sending some back your way.

      Delete
    2. Congratulations! California does it quickly. It was 2-3 months between contract signing and closing in NYS. Very happy for all your exciting changes.

      Delete
    3. I would be a real basket case waiting two-three months. I know that in Minnesota it can also take longer. We will be at about 6 weeks when we close here. We wanted sooner but owners were traveling and asked for 2 more weeks.

      Delete

Ohio Road Trip

Joe and I got on the road at 5:20am this morning and arrived in Defiance, Ohio at 8:15pm (7:15pm Central Time). About ten minutes before we ...