Thursday, March 21, 2024

Patience (or In Eight Looonnng Days Escrow Closes)


It started snowing awhile we were eating dinner at 6:15pm. With such a mild winter, the snow is welcome by most folks even if it is Spring.

Jeremy shared with us a paper Charlotte wrote recently about her hero. She chose her brother, Caleb, as her hero. It seems he saved her from drowning at one time. She ends her paragraph with, “he has saved me 10,000 times.” I thought that was the sweetest paragraph I have heard in a while.

It reminded me of Megan’s fifth grade essay on her favorite place. While her classmates wrote papers on Disneyland and amusement parks, Megan wrote about her home. She especially liked it the days the cleaning people came as the house smelled fresh. I know there is a compliment somewhere in her writing. I suspect she would still say her home is her favorite place to go. Hurray for introverts!

I started looking at what we will need to buy when we get moved into the new house. We have three guest rooms and five bathrooms that I want to furnish within the first month so that we are ready for guests. We have enough furniture for the rest of the house until we can figure out everything else. I am most looking forward to unpacking our kitchen.

Today all is quiet on the housing front. With the singing of the seller’s papers yesterday, we are finished except for the waiting until March 29th rolls around when escrow closes. If I ever thought I was good at waiting, I have given up that fairy tale. When I am finished waiting for the Woodland closing, then we must wait until April 19th (my brother, Todd’s, birthday) for the house in Saint Michael to close escrow.

Wait, Wait, Wait. I do not want to wait. I do not have a choice.

Today, I started and erased three different pieces for the blog. The first two pieces sounded angry and the third was whiny. I had to take a nap and sort out my crankiness. It helped. My goal in my writings is not to air all my grievances. Only some of them. The ones that are directed at someone because I am frustrated should never see the light of day. It is a karma thing. The last thing I want is for someone to start writing about me... I can catalog my own mistakes without someone else’s help.

Tomorrow will be better! And tomorrow we will be one more day closer to the 29th.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ohio Road Trip

Joe and I got on the road at 5:20am this morning and arrived in Defiance, Ohio at 8:15pm (7:15pm Central Time). About ten minutes before we ...