Sunday, April 7, 2024

Online Shopping

Today, we took a break from packing. Instead, I started my shopping wish list at Amazon. With four and a half bathrooms and four bedrooms to supply the list is a bit extensive. Picking out pretty comforters and practical trash cans got a bit grueling with so many to choose from.


Opening the photos of the different rooms and trying to match décor took time. I am happy with my choices. It is nice that I have a couple of weeks before I order anything which gives me time to change my mind.

My plan right now is to stock each bathroom with its own cleaning supplies, so we do not have to move items from one bathroom to the next. While I know we will not be using every bathroom every day, I also will not have to remember which bathroom I left the cleaning supplies in. I know there is the option of a central storage place, but I do not want to be hauling stuff cleaning stuff around the house. And I want a plunger and toilet bowl brush set for each bathroom. The idea of hauling a plunger through the house when one is needed does not appeal to me.

I also decided to order all white bath towels. The white towels will be easier to keep clean and eliminate my ability to bleach (somehow??!!) the many pretty blue towels we have acquired over the years. Creating tie die towels, accidentally, is my superpower.

I have been reading up on caretaking for the Cambria countertops and the wood floors. The Cambria countertops will be easy as they are okay with a drop of mild dish soap (Dawn, my favorite, works fine) on a wet microfiber cloth. I look forward to picking my brother Todd’s brain – he knows countertops -on ideas he may have to keep them nice.

I am feeling better today. It is Megan’s turn to experience the joy of coughing, runny nose, and fatigue. She also has a headache (other than her mom). I hope she has a speedy recovery.

It has been raining here today. Lovely, rainy weather, perfect for a Sunday. We need the water in Minnesota.

No comments:

Post a Comment

South Korean Dinner Out

Last night we had our monthly international dinner at Shinhwa Korean Steakhouse. It is an all you can eat grill and hotpot style restaurant....