Friday, April 5, 2024

Ukraine Snacks Taste-Testing

 

Last night we taste-tested our YUM box snacks from Ukraine. This month we evaluated:

Homemade bread chips with adjika (a spicy sauce made with carrots, tomatoes, garlic, and chili pepper). The bread chips were made from rye.

Golden Chips Wasabi

Sponge cake with condensed milk

Crostata with Black Currant

Choco Shocks

Chewing Sweets

Trisitron Glazed Sweets

Bonny Fruit Summer Mix

Delicia Rolls with Baked Milk Flavor

Roshen Bubble Caramel Chocolate

Polus Big Bar (Eleven-layer dark chocolate and almond wafer

Our favorite Yum was the Crostata with Black Currant. Caleb wanted to know if there was somewhere we could order more of the treat. We learned that you will not find black currants growing in the United States, the plant was banned in 1911 because the plant has a naturally occurring fungus that spreads to American trees causing damage. It is legal to import black currants though!

The worst Yum was the sponge cake with condensed milk. The weirdest Yum snack was the Golden Chips Wasabi which Caleb, Jeremy, and Megan loved. Caleb nominated it as the weirdest snack, and everyone agreed.

Caleb loved every snack last night, Charlotte only had two she never wanted to try again. I had the most okays at six. Possibly a result of the cold/flu I am in the throes of fighting off.

While I slept quite a bit yesterday, we managed to get more packing completed. I slept in until 10am this morning and we finished getting most of the artwork packed up.

I am feeling better today, still very tired. My COVID test was negative. Off for a nap!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Find the Broom (How Smart are You?)

  There is a broom hidden in the above picture. I found the broom within 30 seconds. Does this mean I am smarter than average? I doubt it. I...