Thursday, May 23, 2024

Mosquitos

Today I researched and ordered mulch and decorative rock for the areas around the retaining wall to be delivered next week. The top of the wall is an exposed area that needs to be filled in. Right now, it has small pools of water and is attracting mosquitos. I had to kill two of them that got into the house today. They were huge mosquitos. I don’t recall Ohio or California mosquitos being as large as the ones in our house.

Joe worked in the yard cutting dead underbrush and low tree limbs most of the afternoon. We went to ACE hardware and bought a wheelbarrow, brooms to sweep the driveway and street, and potting soil. It made Joe feel happy. I like to see him happy.

Looking out one of the sunroom windows, as I write, I see that the back neighbors are sitting around their firepit and visiting. We have a firepit and the sellers left wood. Once we get the mosquitoes under control, we can sit at our firepit!

I am getting excited that in a month Jeff, Kathy, Renee, and Jami are going to stay for a couple of nights on their way to Yellowstone and other sites. Guess I better get back on my lake research. Earlier this week we went to Buffalo and WAZE took us a different route back to Saint Michael. The route took us right by Pulaski Lake which happens to be on my list already. I had not realized it was in the town of Buffalo. We drove right by a public area with a boat ramp. Part of the route was right along the shoreline which made for a beautiful drive. In the past, we drove around Buffalo Lake. I did not realize they had two lakes within the city limits.

Lake Pulaski, Buffalo, MN

Yesterday I wrote about the upcoming demolition of the family home in Ney, Ohio. Three of my cousins wrote (on Facebook) letting me know the house had good memories for them and that they feel saddened by the news. We get to keep the memories  though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"A Last Straw" from My Past

What was your “last straw” with someone you stopped speaking to? I had to think long and hard on this prompt. Mostly because while I can ide...